The Purchaser agrees to abide by S Banks & S Banks (t/a Banks Fine Wine) terms which are:
(1) Payment is required at time of confirmation of order.
(2) Banks Fine Wine strives to ensure that all information displayed on the website is accurate but reserves the right to change the vintage and price without notice. Banks Fine Wine will inform the purchaser via email or phone of any changes before confirmation of the order. Images found on the website are there for illustrative purposes and vintages displayed may differ from the product available. It does not necessarily mean that we have that specific vintage in stock.
(3) Banks Fine Wine acknowledges that occasionally wines may be affected by faults unable to be detected prior to opening the bottle, such as TCA (Cork Taint) or Random Oxidisation. Banks Fine Wine is happy replace these wines or offer a store credit for the amount initially paid. However we require that at least half of the bottle be returned to Banks Fine Wine (for independent verification), Banks Fine Wine bearing the cost of any postage that may be applicable. This is in line with our responsibilities under the Trade Practices Act.
(4) Banks Fine Wine is able to provide insurance for any purchases charged at a premium of 2% of the total purchase. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to accept and pay for insurance. By forgoing the insurance, the Purchaser assumes all responsibility for any damage that may occur during transit. Goods must be accepted at their destination by a person legally able to receive them, and no responsibility is taken for goods left unattended.
(5) All orders are subject to availability. Banks Fine Wine reserves the right to cancel any order prior to confirmation, at which time an Agent of Banks Fine Wine will notify the purchaser via email or phone. Banks Fine Wine reserves the right to refund any monies paid, at any time, should they be unable to supply the wines within a two week timeframe.
(6) From time to time, Banks Fine Wine offers wine for sale prior to its physical arrival in store. Such offers may be termed Pre-Arrival, Ex-Ship or ‘En-Primeur’ depending upon the time between when payment is expected and when the wines arrive. All such offers will clearly state the terms of payment and anticipated arrival dates or timeframes within the offers.
(7) It is illegal to sell Alcohol to a person under the age of 18 years old. In accordance with the law, Banks Fine Wine reserves the right to request ID or proof of age at time of order.
(8) No material on the website can be reproduced without the express permission of an Agent of Banks Fine Wine.
(9) Banks Fine Wine reserves the right to charge a 25% deposit at time or order for any purchases exceeding $500 where stock needs to be ordered in. In the event of the Purchaser cancelling an order, Banks Fine Wine will retain a portion of this deposit to cover expenses incurred.
(10) In the event of a large purchase, Banks Fine Wine reserves the right to delay delivery to confirm the validity of a credit card. Trading Terms may be varied at any time at the discretion of Banks Fine Wine.
(11) All deliveries will be dispatched within three days with the exception of wines ordered on a Pre-Arrival or En-Primier basis. In the event that we will be unable to dispatch orders within this time frame, we will advise the purchases of this and provide an expected timeframe.